Different Types of Roofing: Which Type is best for which Weather
Roof is the external upper covering of a building. It protects the house or building against natural phenomena like sunlight, rain, snow, wind and extreme temperature. Roofs are a very important part of a house or building. If the roof is in poor shape then leakage problems can be possible. We can say a house is incomplete without a roof. There are different types of roof available. These are
1. Asphalt shingles roof for humid and cold climate
2. Metal roof for hot and cold climate
3. Wood shingles and shakes for cold region
4. Clay tiles for hot and humid climate
5. Slate roof for all weather
6. Rubber roof - good for hot and cold climate
7. Concrete tiles suitable for hot climate
Every roof is specially made for specific weather. If we follow this guideline we can stay and enjoy a better home. All roofs have advantages and disadvantages. We will discuss this below.
All these roofs are long lasting if we maintain specific conditions.
Asphalt Shingles Roof
This type of roof is good for humid and cold climates. It is very popular across western countries. This roof has several benefits.
1. People can easily afford this kind of roof
2. It is flexible.
3. Cost of this roof is cheap.
4. If customers maintain and obey the conditions then this roof can last for 25 years or more.
5. Asphalt shingles are thicker and stronger than other roofs.
6. It protects the home smoothly against storms and wind.
7. This roof works very well to hold up humidity.
8. In the winter season this roof absorbs the heat and keeps warm.
This type of roof is best for hot and cold climates. Though this roof is more expensive than Asphalt shingles.
1. with proper maintenance it can last for 75 years or more.
2. Snow and ice slide off really fast in this roof than other roofs.
3. This type of roof really helps to prevent and protect the house against winter storms.
4. Though it is also good for hot and humid climates because it prevents moisture and reflects heat.
Wood Shingles and Shakes
This type of roof is made of wood.
1. This is good for cold regions.
2. As per opinion this roof protects doubled than Asphalt shingles.
3. Thickness of this roof is quite a lot.
4. This roof is not suitable for the humidity area because it absorbs the moisture and can increase heat.
Clay Tiles Roof
The clay tile roofs are very popular in South Asian countries like India, Bangladesh, Pakistan.
1. This works very well in hot and humid climates.
2. It is available in various colors and styles.
3. This roof reflects heat and cools the weather inside the house.
4. The Cost of this roof is very cheap.
This type of roof is allrounder in its working area.
1. This roof is good for all weather. Anybody can use this roof.
2. This roof can last for 150 years or more.
3. This roof is fire resistant.
4. This roof works well in heat, cold and humidity weather.
5. Though this material is really heavier than other roofs.
6. You need to do the roof reinforce before installing the slate roof for your house.
This type of roof is very popular nowadays.
1. This rubber roof is good for hot and cold climates.
2. People can easily afford this rubber roof.
3. This roof has the ability to protect the house against heat, humidity, winter storm, ice and snow.
4. Rubber roof is also known for its resiliency.
These concrete tiles are also popular in different countries for many years.
1. This roof is suitable for hot climates.
2. Cost of this roof is really affordable.
3. This roof is heat and fire resistant.
4. This roof is really resilient.
5. Customers can easily make designs on this concrete roof.
There are many roof styles and roof material available in the market. Before buying one for your house makes sure you understand all the advantages and disadvantages of different roofs.