The duties and responsibilities of a construction site engineer
Role of Construction Site Engineer is based on the nature of related work and acquaintance of site engineer with a construction project.
Given below, the details of the duties and liabilities of a construction site engineer. These can be assigned to other engineers on the jobsite on the basis of their experience and capability:
* Organize the works according to the drawings and specification
* Associating with the project planning engineer concerning construction programs
* Examining materials and work in progress to tally with the certain requirements
Execution of safety requirements
* Dealing & finding solutions for technical issues with employer’s representatives, suppliers, subcontractors and statutory authorities
* Quality control compliant with CSIs/procedures method statements, quality plans and inspection and test plans which are all set by the project management team and by subcontractors.
* Cooperate with company or project purchasing department to make sure that purchase orders effectively describe the certain requirements
* Administering and advocating junior or trainee engineers
* Measurement and valuation (together with the project quantity surveyor where suitable)
* Submitting data regarding variation orders and site instructions
* Arranging record drawings, technical reports, site diary
* Job assessment of junior staff
Image Courtesy: ice.org.uk