Detail method statement for executing the reinforcement works
Given below, the detail method statement for accomplishing the reinforcement works in a construction project.
REINFORCEMENT: The reinforcing steel should adhere to project specification and drawings.
Handling and stacking:
• Number and spacing of supports should be arranged in such a manner so that no sagging of the stacked bars happens.
• Stacked rebar should be wrapped with tarpaulins or such other materials and safeguarded from mud, oil or any other to get rid of damage.
• Standards provided in the project specifications should abide by managing and preservation of reinforcing materials.
• Rebar should be fabricated as per the bar bending schedule submitted by the Contractor.
• Each bundle of bars should be tagged so that they can be recognized with the design drawing number, the structure, mark number, bar quantity and size.
Cutting and Bending of Bars: The reinforcement should be cut and bent on the basis of the sanctioned bar bending schedules.
The bending of reinforcements should be executed on the bending machine to create a progressive and even motion. Bars should be bent cold and at certain radii.
Receipt and Storage of Bars:
• The rebar that is sent by the supplier should be examined properly. All substandard materials should be repaired or changed by the supplier.
• The preservation of rebar should be made over the ground on padded supports with timber pieces or sand bags. The rebar should be wrapped with dark light proof material to avoid rusting.
Placing of Reinforcement:
• Minimum concrete cover for reinforcement should adhere with the Reinforced Concrete Works General Notes.
• All reinforcements should be supported and tied prior to arrange concrete. Besides, they should be fastened against displacement within allowable tolerances.
• Reinforcement supported by form work should rest on bar supports which are formed with plastic or other suitable materials.
• All splices sanctioned in the construction drawings should be arranged.
• Bending or straightening of bars partly implanted in concrete should not be allowed devoid of getting sanctioned by the Owner.
• RFI should be issued as per site inspection method.
• The reinforcement at obstructions or where it conflicts with reinforcement should not be cut, bent, neglected or altered before being sanctioned by the Owner.
• The welding of reinforcement is not allowed.
Fixing of Reinforcement:
• The reinforcement should be properly secured in the desired location. The bars likely to be touched with passing points should be firmly attached together at all such points with PVC coated tying wire.
• After keeping it fixed, the reinforcement should be examined for type, size, and correctness of placement. The areas where the coating gets damaged, the repairing work should be initiated based on sanctioned method statement.
• The reinforcement projecting out from work to be concreted or already concreted should not be bent out of its exact location. It should be safeguarded from deformations or other damages.
• The cover to reinforcement should be retained with either plastic spacers or concrete blocks.
• Cantilever and top bars over supports should be arranged in exact position throughout concreting with the use of rebar chairs arranged among top and bottom bars and approved spacers underneath the bottom bars.
Quality Control: The reinforcement should be examined prior to concreting. Make sure that the surface of reinforcement does not contain mud, oil, retarders, grease or any other substance which can provide adverse effect on the steel or concrete chemically or lessen the bond. Also make sure that it is arranged in full conformity with the issued for construction drawings.