QuickConcreteWall – A useful construction program for concrete shear walls design
ConcreteWall is a powerful construction program that can be used to make design of concrete shear walls along with hand-calculation report.
QuickConcreteWall is specifically developed for reinforced concrete shear walls and is the most effective tool for detailing a concrete wall depending on in-plane forces. Complicated ACI interaction checks are performed instantly while fine-tuning design parameters and analysis the results. Full rebar detailing is offered in a productivity-quick format.
The reporting of this tool comes with complete examination with full equations, intermediate data, and sketches. A brief summary of all checks is also accessible with the checks hyperlinked to the actual equations.
Given below, some useful features: Huge time is saved as the sketches are updated quickly with modification in each input. The "Check Summary" specifies visibly which checks are passed & which are failed, and each is hyperlinked with hand-style computations applied for certain check.
Given below the characteristics of a T reinforcement beam :-
The software contains an intuitive, user-friendly presentation: specific views for putting inputs and for screening detailed results, with items further arranged through a tabbed display.
Comparison to Other IES Tools: IES contains shear wall capabilities in other products, mainly for analysis, not design. QuickConcreteWall performs design checks devoid of analysis, so it doesn't manage openings in walls, or whole shear-wall systems rather design and detail a reinforced concrete wall perfectly and quickly.
One can obtain a perfect interaction diagram as well as detailed special boundary-regions, and seismic detailing.
QuickConcreteWall: single wall, detailed rebar.
VisualAnalysis: General FEA analysis of just about anything
VisualShearWall: Rapid analysis of shear-wall systems (inflexible or flexible diaphragms)
Design Checks Performed:
• Examines concrete walls for in-plane forces
• IBC 2015 and ACI 318-14 specifications
• ACI Ch. 21, (seismic) along with special boundary elements
• Detailing when special boundary elements do not exist (126.96.36.199)
• Wall minimum reinforcement (horizontal & vertical) of ACI Ch 14
• Wall reinforcement max spacing (horizontal & vertical) of ACI Ch 14
• Wall shear strength in accordance with ACI Ch 11
• Wall & column detailing requirements of ACI Ch 7
• Wall flexure/axial interaction strength per ACI Ch 10
• Wall shear strength along with ACI Ch 21
(when seismic provisions should be applied)
• Wall steel ratio/spacing according to ACI Ch 21
(when seismic provisions are to be used)
• Special boundary element detailing & related checks of ACI Ch 21
• Supported loads: shear, in-plane moment, axial loading
• Unlimited number of load that should be arranged
• Load combinations & factoring done automatically
• ASCE 7 Load Combinations
• Automatic vertical seismic component in load ASCE 7 combinations
• Custom "building code" load combinations
• Import & export loads (text)
• Optionally comprise the self-weight of the wall
• Indicate shear loads at the top of the wall or at the base