Construction managers must encourage Employee health
A construction industry is full of hazardous things and the work site is always on high risk for employees and workers so it is important to make the life of them secure and safe. Every construction industry should make the employee health a top priority as several accidents take place on a daily basis in the construction industry and as a result lot of employees lose their body parts or even lives.
A proper safety and security guidance then should be given by the construction managers to the employees and it must be effective and applicable for all. A right understanding between the workers and managers about safety guidance can reduce the chance of accidents, grew the trust of the workers on the managers and help them to feel safe on the jobsite. As a result workers can freely work in the projects, cost for the injured victims gets lesser and the delay of projects or pause in the projects will also be avoided, so it is mandatory to keep the workplace clean and safe.
Much kind of dangers can be seen in a construction workplace and those are can’t be avoided as employees are still unaware of the various risks in an ongoing construction project or sites which are happened from various tools and materials. Besides the danger and risks from working at height there are many more disease or accidents take place in a working site that are more serious:
• It is an awkward thing that now-a-days cancer in construction takes place about 40% of the other diseases and most of them are dying due to cancer illness.
• Breathing problems and lung disease mostly seen in the workers of the construction site as the dust, chemical dust and debris affect their lungs badly.
• Various skin problems shown from the display of deadly objects.
• Workers often face serious back injuries and problems due to wrong handling of heavy objects and machines.
• Unbearable noise and vibration affects the ears and other inner body organs.
• Various minor and major injuries also happen due to the vehicle handling, falls or crushing against the things.
Action should be taken against risk: In a construction site, a numberless people may escape from any kind of serious risk or injury or accident, as the great number of workers face the big injuries and risks in their working life.
It is true that all of the injuries can be avoided and obvious to face as they never give any alert and happens sudden but there are some kind of injuries that can be controlled by the precautions and idea of the construction managers and workers. Working over a platform or stage or framework is a part of every building project and the risks of working in this area can be minimized if the employees are aware about correct safety methods. In other cases, to avoid risk the use of non-toxic materials will be effectible and reduce the risk of getting affected by skin problems or lung problems.
Employee health should be an efficient project: It is true that a construction jobsite is full of running and time manageable work and the various hazardous and heavy equipments become the need to finish a project on time and within budget. So it is mandatory to protect the employee health in a right way and should improve by taking a same kind of project management method and they are like:
• Managing Construction Health risks: It is not a pretty easy task as changes occur in the construction project on a daily basis and sometime without any alert and there is always a hurry and deadline of delivering a complete project before time or on time.
• Technique of handling risks: Besides all these emergencies the construction managers need to find out every possible solution for each kind of risk and it is also important to find out the way to reduce the possibilities of these kinds of risks but continue the work on time.
• Ensure that everybody should be active: It is not a person’s responsibility only to manage the chance of the risks but each and every one of a project should be aware of this kind of risks and must take active parts to reduce the risk factors and increase healthy work environments for all. Each and every worker, manager, client and other one should be active in making the workplace a better place for all.
• Keep eye open: A good construction project is a mixture of right plan, materials, power, worker involvement, equipments, managing techniques, less risk factors and a good control on everything. So construction managers should monitor each and every step very carefully.
• Training: To make aware the workers it is an easy way to tell them to go through some online health and safety training first of all.
These are not enough as there are lots more ideas that can work well to make any project safe and secure. Follow: thebalance.com