Guidelines for Concrete process in hot weather
The cement can be hydrated in hot weather quickly. The rate of hydration of cement is raised when the temperature is elevated. Normally, the temperature should be maintained as 10 C – 27 C for hydration.
In high temperature, the concrete may start to set prior to placing and compacting in position. As a result, once the mixing is completed, the placement of the concrete should be done rapidly. While starting concreting work in hot climatic weather, the concrete should have been cooled to get protected from adverse effects. In order to make it possible, cooled water and aggregates are utilized at the time of arranging the concrete.
Safety measures before, during & after concreting:
1. The motive is to reduce the temperature of the concrete itself and as well as the forms where it is arranged.
2. If necessary, set up a mixer machine underneath the shade.
3. In case of transmitting concrete to a lengthier distance, concreting materials should be amalgamated initially in dry condition and the water should be added at the job site prior to arranging the concrete in position.
4. To safeguard the water content from evaporation, it is recommended to utilize deep containers for carrying out the concrete.
5. Once the concrete is placed, wet burlap should be employed to cover the concrete because it will allow sustaining the coolness and moisture of concrete.
6. Once the concrete is solidified, curing should be started without any delay.
7. Retarding admixtures should be applied at the time of adding the water in the mix for the purpose of keeping the setting action of concrete slow.
8. In order to cool the used water, Ice cubes or refrigerator should be applied. But make that ice cubes are completely dissolved and no solid ice crystals exist in the concrete.