Vacancies for Quantity Surveyors and Client-side Project Managers
Rider Hunt, provider of a complete range of consultancy services along with Project/ Programme Management, Contract Administration, Employer's Agent, Quantity Surveying, and other Client and Contractor-side roles, is seeking Quantity Surveyors and Client-side Project Managers for its Manchester (Bury) office.
For the position of client-side project manager, the candidates have to accomplish full client-side pre- and post- contract project management of design and construction projects, together with the following responsibilities :-
- Establish a robust client brief
- Handle cost, program, and quality
- Deal with and supervise design
- Control change, risk, and issues
- Tendering / contractor selection
- Take on full contract administration through NEC3 and JCT
- Take part and chairing meetings involving clients, contractors, and designers
- Supervise work on site
- Support to the Partners with wider Client-side duties (project business cases, post-project evaluation etc)
The candidates have to report directly to the Partners, and should undertake full responsibility for dealing with smaller and medium sized projects (up to £10m); and will provide thoroughly project management support to most important projects (£10m+).
For the position of quantity surveyor, the candidates have to take responsibilities for quantity surveying/ cost management on several design and construction projects, along with all pre- and post- contract duties, as well as the following functionalities :-
- Cost planning and budget setting primarily
- Measurement of quantities to SMM7 and bills of quantities generation
- Making tender documents
- Assemble construction contracts, together with JCT and NEC
- Agreeing target costs/ contract sums and supporting information
- Carry out monthly valuations and assessments
- Agreement of final accounts
- Get monthly financial reports ready
The candidates have to report directly to the Partners, and should undertake full responsibility for controlling their own projects.
Candidates must contain the following necessary skills/ qualities:
- Possess a degree in a proper technical subject
- Be chartered (or near chartered) with RICS, APM, ICE, CIOB or equivalent; or if not chartered be of sufficient seniority and with sufficient experience to undertake a senior role
- Should contain verifiable experience of taking responsibilities for a similar Client-side role with least supervision
- Should be experienced dealing with public sector projects, added advantages will be given for having some healthcare experience
- Well versed with working on JCT and NEC contracts, and ideally experience of working under an NEC Option C Target Cost contract and/or NHS ProCure21/21+ procurement route
- Should contains sound written and verbal communication skills
- Should have good IT skills as well as well versed with common software packages
- Candidates should be fully entitled to work in the UK, and are expected to have a full UK driving licence with access to a vehicle for work purposes.
Application method: Send a detailed CV explaining your specific experience relevant to this role, along with your specific duties and responsibilities; together with an indication of your salary expectations, your current availability/ notice period, and a minimum of 2 referees (ideally from recent clients).
Applications should be sent via e-mail only to: email@example.com, with 'Place North West' in the title.