Some useful construction tips to recycle waste concrete
In order to reprocess the concrete rubble as aggregates in concrete, was concrete should be recycled. The reused aggregates contain lower crushing strength, impact resistance, specific gravity as well as more absorption value relating to fresh aggregates.
Importance of Concrete Recycling:
In every year, unlimited waste concrete is produced all through the globe because of the following factors:
1. Destruction of old structure,
2. Damage of buildings and structures throughout earthquakes and wars,
3. Subtraction of unnecessary concrete out of structures, buildings, road pavements etc.
4. Because of concrete cube, cylinder testing and damaging processes of testing of existing structures etc, waste concrete is produced.
Benefits of Concrete Recycling:
Generally, demolished concrete are conveyed to landfills for disposal, but because of superior environmental consciousness, the concrete is reprocessed to be used further in concrete works. Recycling concrete brings various advantages. So, it is suggested not to dump it or put in the ground in a landfill. Preservation of concrete debris from landfills saves space there.
Other advantages of Recycling of Concrete are given below:
• Local Product – Local Sources
• Minimizes Truck Traffic
• Alternative to a Non-Renewable Resource
• Cost Savings
• No Disposal Fees
• Superior Trucking Utilization (lowered costs)
The requirement for gravel mining is minimized if recycled materials are utilized as gravel. You don’t have to pay for using recycled concrete. But, those who form the concrete waste, should pay a fee to get it recycled.
Quality of recycled aggregate and its concrete: The durability of recycled aggregate concrete is approx. 10 to 15 per cent less relating to the concrete having fresh aggregate. However, appropriate mix designs should be created and consistent results are acquired. The mix needs a little greater quantity of cement or admixtures to minimize the need of water.
Recycled aggregate concrete is securely utilized as plain concrete. With exact modification in mix design, it is also applied for R.C.C. works.