Details of RCC structure Design
RCC stands for Reinforced Cement Concrete. It is a most recognized construction technology. Under this technology cement concrete reinforced with steel bars, steel plates, steel mesh etc to enhance the capability of resisting the tension of the structure.
Cement Concrete can capture massive compression but not suitable to withstand tension although steel can efficiently resist both tension and compression.
Benefits of RCC construction:
1. Materials utilized in RCC construction can be obtained without any difficulty.
2. It is strong and persistent.
3. It is strongly fire proof. It easily resists the attack of termites.
4. It is cost-effective in ultimate cost.
5. The reinforced concrete member can be formed in any shape due to the fluidity of concrete.
6. Its monolithic character provides greater hardness to the structure.
7. Cost of maintenance is zero.
Some of its cons:
1. Scrap value of reinforced members is nearly zero.
2. Regular monitoring is essential.
3. Skilled labour should be employed for executing work.
Every component is designed according to the load it carries and its position in the structure. The study of the design of RCC components will help in understanding the basics of RCC design and the method of its implementation.