Regular Dimension of Rooms in Residential building and their appropriate placements
Prior to the construction of any kind of residential complex; the constructor or builder or contractor should have the idea for the location of the standard size of rooms. It is very crucial for residential project planning. Actually the room sizes and their accurate location offer specific spaces for movement, entry of enough sunlight and fresh air for residents.
1. Dimension of Drawing or Living Room: Basically drawing room or living room refers to the room in which every resident spend their maximum span of time throughout the day. It is a very comfortable and alluring spot for the dwellers and an appropriate place to welcome friends and guests as well. It can be also used for occasion purpose too.
Exact Location: In a residential construction project, a drawing room should be located in the midst of the building and must be adjacent to the verandah and dining place with proper lighting and ventilation.
Range of the standard size of drawing room:
4200mm (14ft) X 4800 mm (16ft) to 5400mm (18ft) X 7200mm (24ft)
2. Dimension of Bedrooms: During the construction of a bedroom the things that should be kept in mind is the room should contain good ventilation system and simultaneously offer privacy. Usually the room should be positioned on the sides of the building in order to get at least one wall is exposed for proper lighting and ventilation.
If there is good water supply and drainage system is available in the building, then a bedroom should consist of an attached bathroom and water closet too.
Range of the standard size of bedrooms:
3000mm (10ft) X 3600mm (12ft) to 4200mm (14ft) X 4800mm (16ft)
3. Dimension of Guest Room: By the name it is pretty clear that this room is mainly designed for guests only. So it must be placed on one side of the building and should be beside the drawing room.
Exact Location: Guest should be detached from inside of the house and should have not attached bathroom and water closet.
Range of the standard size of guest rooms:
3000mm (10ft) X 3600mm (12ft)
4. Size of Verandah: Normally for constructing a verandah the best location is south and west. For an instance, if a building faces towards east then the location of the verandah should be located in east also. The resident of the building can also use verandah as a waiting room also. It generally separates the private apartment from the entry zone.
Each house should contain one front and rear verandah. If there is not adequate space in the building then you can ignore the rear verandah.
Range of Verandah width: 1800mm (6ft) to 3000mm (10ft)
5. Size of Dining Room: Normally, the dining room is situated at the rear of the drawing or living room and obviously close to the kitchen. In the modern era of architecture, the houses that is built nowadays has a technique of putting drawing room and dining room are combined with a view to get a bigger space for special occasions.
To get detailed information about regular dimension of rooms in residential building and their appropriate placements please visit the following link. theconstructor.org