Quantity Surveyor MEP
Hill International (Middle East) is a US based Project Management and Claims Consultancy firm with offices throughout the World. With over 4,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, Hill provides program management, project management, construction management and construction claims and consulting services. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked Hill as the 8th largest construction management firm in the World.
Hill International is seeking to employ a QS, with heavy construction experience, for one of its on-going projects in Qatar.
Qualifications and Requirements:-
- Degree qualifications in Quantity Surveying or Cost Engineering.
- At least 8 years' experience on construction projects.
- An understanding of costs and FIDIC.
- A strong MEP background.
- Experience in heavy infrastructure projects.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
General Description of Role & Responsibilities:-
- Daily monitoring of contractor progress including materials delivered, materials installed, materials dredged, labor resources employed, equipment resources utilized and other statistical management
- Verification of the contractor's monthly request for payment derived from surveyed completed fill quantities.
- Development and provision of data and information to produce progress reporting and monthly schedule status.
- Specific tasks will include but are not limited to the support of.
- Set-up of the budget and reporting process.
- Accumulation of statistical progress and resource data on a daily basis.
- Quantity estimates for progress payment purposes.
- Updated final quantity estimates based upon actual progress data.
- Provision of progress data for schedule purposes.
- Assistance as required for development of budgets and costs-at-completion.
- Variation analysis and estimates.