A position is vacant for Construction Project Manager in Ohio
Twin Tier Hospitality is currently seeking a qualified Project Manager to provide scope and specification development, permit execution, vendor coordination and quality assurance control systems. In addition, Project Manager will use proven communication skills and ability to foster relationships to ensure the success of the program.
The Project Manager (PM) will be required to work independently in managing projects that are assigned to him/her and will report directly to the Sr Dir of Assets.
The Project Manager is to work very closely with Project Superintendents and will be responsible for, but not limited to all pre and post project responsibilities including safety, overall project quality assurance, scheduling, project communication, submittals, and design oversight, management of franchise expectations, contracts, change orders, and project profitability.
- Establish communication procedures, including the appropriate chain of command for all communications for projects and set up an appropriate tracking system for necessary approvals.
- Develop and periodically update CPM Schedules.
- Establish meeting procedures and timetables.
- Negotiate and prepare agreements for successful execution of work, including bid packages and contract documents.
- Review and understand construction documents and cost estimates.
- Oversee construction/installation activities; including coordination of crews, and contractors.
- Develop and prepare Request for Periodic Payment and Review of Subcontractor and Vendor Pay Requests for accuracy, etc.
- Assist management in risk identification as it applies to understanding and interpreting contracts, liens, disputes and resolutions.
- Inspection of construction work for conformance with the contract requirements.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- A minimum of 2 - 7 years of demonstrated successful experience as a Project Engineer / Project Manager in a construction enviroment (ideally in hospitality / hotel construction). Prior experience in the field is preferred.
- Preferred educational background: 4-yr degree in construction/engineering discipline or technical school graduate in construction related discipline.
- Design/build and design/assist project delivery method experience is preferred but not required.
- Have a basic understanding of dispute avoidance, resolution and other legal aspects as they relate to construction litigation. Also, have a basic understanding of construction contract law with ability to read and interpret contracts and lien legislation.
- A thorough working knowledge of the project management processes and systems.