Some useful construction tips for building your own construction
In order to develop your own house perfectly, you should abide by some useful construction tips & guidelines.
The most vital part is to formulate a primary plan on the basis of your needs and building rules of the local administration as well as an estimate by the Architect. If required, consult with the others regarding the layout of the plan. Once, it is finalized, present the plan to get it sanctioned by the local administration. If you plan to set up Biogas plant, Solar energy panels, Wind energy etc, try to approve them also. Many administration offers you the subsidy for these items if you present enough details well in advance.
Given below the details of various plans :-
1. Plot Plan: It must contain size and location of structures on property, together with distances to lot lines, streets, roads, and property lines.
2. Floor Plan: It should comprise of all room uses and sizes, door and window sizes and locations.
3. Specification Sheet, Footing/Foundation Plan and Cross Section Drawing: (may be created by yourself, although blueprints are desired) These contain size, type, and quality (grade) of materials, size of footings, depth, size and span of joists and rafters, ceiling heights, stair details, etc.
4. Structural drawings should be presented with proper plans.
5. Plumbing and Electrical Drawings
Other vital points are preparing budget, location of plot, selecting a designer & contractor, create contract agreement etc.
To read the full article, visit www.myhouseconstruction.com
Image Courtesy: forbes.com