Structural Masonry Design System is construction program to optimize structural masonry design process
Structural design of masonry is a complicated and laborious process. This Software facilitates the design professional to instantly establish designs that function and consequently maximize solutions.
National Concrete Masonry Association has developed Structural Masonry Design System. The most updated version is 6.1
Structural Masonry Design System is an integral software package ideal for masonry engineer. This construction program can be used to detect permissible stress design and strength design of concrete masonry and clay masonry in accordance with 1995-2008 TMS 402/ACI 530/ASCE 5 or the 2000-2009 IBC. The construction software consists of reinforced and unreinforced walls, shear walls, columns, lintels, custom face shell thicknesses, 14 & 16 inch units, interaction diagrams and lots more.
SMDS is applied to design the following structural elements:-
• walls loaded in-plane or out-of-plane, and columns.
• design of walls to be either reinforced or unreinforced
• design of all elements with either tolerable stress or strength
• computation of member forces from external loads, boundary
• conditions and spans
• graphical representation of interaction diagrams for walls and
• design for combined axial load and bending moment
• design for shear and of shear reinforcing if necessary
• estimation of development length and lap splices
estimation of deflections for P-delta effect
• insertion of special requirements for special and intermediate
• shear walls
Link for download Structural Masonry Design System