Analysis of rates for building works
This is how the rate analyses are done for the construction (viz. Labor, materials, machinery, transport, overheads and profit).
- There tender has to be introduced with item rates.
- Then make sure the tender rates and its viability.
- Judging different labour, materials, machinery and money and resource optimization.
- The rates for deviation would have to be computed. If to work on the extra items or not.
- Comparing cost for amount to be approved.
- Preparing budget and cash shift.
But if the under following elements are tagged in:
- Material cost without considering the squanders.
- Labour cost
- Charges of using water
- Risk and insurance coverages
- Profit and overheads
Some other important points:
- Percentage of profit is 5-10 per cent. But the overhead is normally 3 - 7.5 per cent.
- The cement constant includes waste product of 2.5 per cent.
- The material constants are loading-unloading, supply price, empty bags and others.
- Labour constants are generally covered by government schemes as well as IS - 7272, NBO, CPWD and MES.
- Building material specifications are here
- Basic cost is the cost of materials and labours.
- Indirect cost is those of consulting charge or out source changes.
There are also some rates like standard schedule or derivative rates.
Ref: click here