Download spreadsheet for strap footing design
This simplified and expansive spreadsheet is used for designing reinforced and unreinforced concrete strip footings.
It facilitates the users to put on axial, bending moment and/or horizontal loads. Supported wall is placed in the middle or eccentrically on the footing. The spreadsheet analyzes uplift, overturning, sliding, bearing pressures.
If reinforced concrete footing is needed in any place, the spreadsheet designs reinforcement for bending and shear. Necessary reinforcement is blueprinted on an understandable 'live' diagram. The diagram also provides foundation sizes for instant verification. The spreadsheet contains pop-up messages containing help information.
- Apparent and easily readable output (all on a single page);
- Unreinforced and reinforced concrete footings;
- Uniform and irregular footing;
- Examines overturning, uplift, sliding, bearing pressures;
- Designs reinforcement for bending and shear;
- Instant synopsis of utilization factors;
- Load cases: dead, imposed, wind;
- Loading: axial, bending moment, horizontal;
- In-spreadsheet help;
- 'Live' section diagram;
- Necessary reinforcement is arranged on diagram;
- Design is created by adhering to British Standard (BS 8110-1: 1997).
Link for download the estimating sheet