Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design - An exclusive e-book for Civil Engineering Students
VARGHESE, P. C. has written an exclusive e-book alias "Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design" for construction professionals. The book contains 560 pages. The book is the second edition of the book Limit State Design of Reinforced Concrete. This book briefly explains the basics of concrete design theory.
The construction e-book will provide a good guidance to the postgraduate & under graduate students of Civil Engineering as well as the practising civil engineers.
- Chapter 18 covering Earthquake Forces and Structural Response of framed buildings are totally rectified and updated in order to follow the current I.S. Codes 1893 (2002) titled Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures (Part I - Fifth Revision).
- Chapters 19 and 21 focusing on earthquake design are also amended.
- A synopsis of basic design of reinforced concrete members is included as Appendix.
- Helpful tables and charts are demonstrated to facilitate the students and practising designers to produce a quick estimate concerning the required steel in slabs, beams, columns and footings of ordinary buildings.
- Codes are available for other countries, especially of USA and UK, and these are corresponding to the Indian Code, thus the readers can be familiar with international practices.
- There are numerous computed examples to exemplify the theory and to show their application in practical designs.
- There is a wide array of typical detailing of reinforced concrete members, which are very useful in field applications.
- Some exclusive presentation supported with Lecture are provided with each chapter containing one lecture topic.