Some vital checklists for plastering work
Given below, the detail checklists for any type of plastering work.
Pre-plaster inspection checklist:
1) Make sure all the checks are there ( Brickwork Checklist ) as soon as block work is finished.
2) The aluminum template for openings (often sand is applied to cover the electric holes) should be obtainable at the site.
3) The blockwork should be cured for 7 days as well as dry prior to commencement of plastering.
4) Set button mark on the surface that should be plastered with minimum thickness of 12mm. The spacing of button marks should remain within an aluminum straight edge length.
5) The width of plastering mesh should be 8” and it should be secured tightly prior to start plastering on the junction (among concrete and masonry surface) with steel nails / wooden plug and nails. This strip should be plastered and cured for a minimum of 3 days prior to start plastering for the entire wall.
6) Acquire the plastering specifications like lime finish, trowel finish, sponge finish, rough plaster and zone of application stated by the architects.
7) Plastering should not be done for a thickness of over 15mm. But, if it is necessary, the plastering should be performed with 2 coats. The first layer used should be cured for a day prior to provide the sequential coats.
8) The cement within 90 days old ( Reason ), Sand – fine silt content low (<6%) and potable water should be ideal for mixing mortar.
9) All surfaces in concrete should be hacked (80 hacks per SQ. ft) prior to plastering.
Checks throughout Plastering:
a) All surfaces to be plastered should be moist so that immersion of water from plaster does not occur.
b) Mix should be normally CM 1:4 for ceiling and 1:6 for wall plastering.
c) Mix mortar on MS sheet with Measuring Box (Farma) for volumetric batching.
d) Mixing should be done carefully to make it unified and the mortar should be utilized within ½ to 1 hour of the mix.
e) Once the plastering is completed, examine the surface for undulations by applying halogen lamps. To appear undulations, yellow light is thrown on the plastered wall from one side, adjust instantly when the plaster is still fresh. All cut-outs like fan, junction box, electrical box and skirting line should be completed to perfection.
f) Grooves and mortar bands should be provided when the plaster is wet.
g) In case of lime rendering, perform it within 3 to 4 hour of the setting of cement mortar after plastering.
h) Note the date of work in the paint on the plastering materials, concrete & check the curing accordingly.