A position is vacant for Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering
A Devon based mining company seeks a quantity surveyor – civil engineering. The candidate has to take responsibilities for civil engineering construction work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deal with the design, development and construction of the mine waste facility.
- Responsible for executing project safely & in proper time with well-resourced abiding by the Standard Codes, Health & Safety and Environmental Legislation.
- Communicate & settle with Contractors in a effective manner to successfully complete the projects within financial budget and stipulated period.
- Cooperate with the Mining Manager concerning adjusting the Mining Services Contract as essential through the variation process.
- Efficiently apply processes for the CQA interface amid Designer, Contractor & Competent Person.
- Assess variation claims and find out the fair cost for variations.
- Assess progress payment claims in each month from Contractors and process with proper channels.
- Go ahead with the project to get the most out of storage on the MWF and rationalize the accessible Planning Permission and EA permit.
- Deal with the monthly cost method with the contractor for the Mine Manager to grant.
- Appraise and amend the Mining Services Contract through the variation process as required.
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies and site investigations.
- Analyze detailed designs through computer-aided design (CAD) packages.
- Review the prospective risks of particular projects and take responsibilities for risk management in specialist roles.
- Administer tendering procedures and compile proposals.
- Control, organize and visit Contractors on site and give suggestions on Civil Engineering issues.
- Be in touch and liaise well with colleagues, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers and clients.
- Deal with budgets and other project resources.
- Accumulate, verify and approve reports.
- Evaluate and approve project drawings.
- Schedule material and equipment purchases and delivery.
- Join and support public meetings as necessary.
- Amend any project deficiencies that can hamper production, quality and safety requirements prior to final evaluation and project reviews.
- Assess variations.
Send your resume with cover letter as well as your CareerMine Job Id 1164740 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit
Image Courtesy: thequantitysurveyor.com